Monday, March 23, 2009

A Cup Of Tea




A cup of tea anyone?

Lastnite, Me and Piggy was having a drink at OldTown Kopitiam in Danau Kota.
It was already late so I didn't dare to order Coffee, so I ended up ordering White Tea.
Hmmm...when the cup of tea arrived, it reminds me of my Gong Gong.

It has been a few years since he has passed away.
But his image still lingers in my mind and I really miss him a lot.
It took me quite some time to get over it as life goes on.

Every time when my family go out for breakfast, it'll automatically reminds me about him.

When I was younger,
Me and Gong will ride our bicycle out to the "Diam Zai" to eat "Wan Tan Mee" .
Then Gong will order his half-boiled egg to eat.
He will order Milo for me while he will sip on his tea.
Both of us will be chatting away.
It doesn't seem that long ago when that last happened.
The "Diam Zai" always serve the drink in the type of cup above.
Even until today, they still serve the same way.

It has been almost 10 years since I last step into there.
Until recently, I went back to the "Diam Zai" to have breakfast.
But this time it's with Piggy.
I told him the days I used to spend time there and
it almost brought tears to me...

*****

I suppose Gong is in a better place above now.
May you rest in peace.
.Love you always.

2 comments:

lalala said...

hmm... i love tis post.. it reminds me of my grandma too...
life goes on for a better cause!! appreciate everyone around us!! =)

Kuen.Y said...

Yeah. I see the cup straightaway remind me of my grandpa...sobs...
Miss u gurl.